Idols rescued from Kashmir’s Jain Mandir,taken to AhmedabadAugust 11, 2010
Idols rescued from Kashmir’s Jain Mandir,taken to Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 11 August, 2010
Seven Jain idols are taken to Ahmedabad from Srinagar’s Baghawan Parshwanath Jain Mandir. The idols are at present, temporarily kept at Ahmedabad’s Sangath Jain derasar. They will be shifted to Sabarmati area’s Ramnagar based Jain Mandir this Sunday in festive atmosphere.
The Sunni islamist anti-nationals of Kashmir, recently destroyed a Jain Mandir located in Kashmir valley’s Srinagar city. However, before they could do any harm to the idols, tha Jain Mandir’s priest took the idols out of the Mandir and shifted them to safer place.
Just in two hours of relaxation of curfew, the idols were immediately taken out of the Kashmir valley and are not brought to Ahmedabad, where they will be installed at Ramnagar/Sabarmati based Jain Mandir this Sunday with ceremonial welcome.
- Jasdan by-poll: Fake news alert
- Nita Ambani visits Swadesh Bazaar - supporting 108 traditional Indian Crafts
- A group of 30 professors from Gujarat visit PM Modi after attending training programme in U.K.
- Gujarat to have Consul office of Kazakhstan; inauguration on Monday
- Lok Sabha MP Poonamben Madam's daughter passes away
- Gujarat govt clears six TP schemes "to expedite planned development in Ahmedabad"