Idols rescued from Kashmir’s Jain Mandir,taken to AhmedabadAugust 11, 2010
Idols rescued from Kashmir’s Jain Mandir,taken to Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 11 August, 2010
Seven Jain idols are taken to Ahmedabad from Srinagar’s Baghawan Parshwanath Jain Mandir. The idols are at present, temporarily kept at Ahmedabad’s Sangath Jain derasar. They will be shifted to Sabarmati area’s Ramnagar based Jain Mandir this Sunday in festive atmosphere.
The Sunni islamist anti-nationals of Kashmir, recently destroyed a Jain Mandir located in Kashmir valley’s Srinagar city. However, before they could do any harm to the idols, tha Jain Mandir’s priest took the idols out of the Mandir and shifted them to safer place.
Just in two hours of relaxation of curfew, the idols were immediately taken out of the Kashmir valley and are not brought to Ahmedabad, where they will be installed at Ramnagar/Sabarmati based Jain Mandir this Sunday with ceremonial welcome.
- Heat wave likely to make comeback from April 26, Ahmedabad to see Orange level warning initially which might escalate to Red level alert
- Record break 64.11% turnout in Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Gujarat, highest ever in state
- GoAir announces 2 additional flights from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Akshay Kumar's non-political interaction with PM Narendra Modi
- Jio fastest with 22.2 mbps download speed in March, Vodafone leads in upload: TRAI
- Taj hotel in Ahmedabad by mid 2020; it will be located on Sindhu Bhavan road