Kutchi fair to showcase Kutch’s art, cuture, cuisine, music in AhmedabadFebruary 03, 2013
By our correspondent, Bhuj, 3 February 2013
The city of Ahmedabad will host a Kutchi fair during 22-24 February this year. The fair will be organized at Amdavad’s Sanskar kendra by Kutchi Jain Seva Samaj(KJSS), Amdavad on the occasion of its golden jubilee.
According to Shri Ashok Mehta, President of KJSS, the Kutchi fair will showcase the art, culture and traditions of Kutch through as many as 50 stalls. Kutchi traditional arts like ajrakh, batik, bandhani, embroidery, matikam, kharki, rogan, mashru will be showcased and sold at these stalls. Kutchi traditional music will be performed everyday for four hours.
He said, the Kutch photographic association will exhibit the photographs of Kutch. Also the paintings depicting Kutch will be exhibited during the Kutchi fair.
One of the main attractions will be a Kutchi food court where various specialty of Kutchi cuisine will be offered to visitors.
Those wanting to participate in the Kutchi fair can contact KR Shah 94292 33733, Pratap Naranji Dand 94267 25619 or Prakashbhai Gandhi 94262 15003.
- Live: PM Modi launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan on National Panchayati Raj Day
- Gas leakage in filter plant in Jubilee park of Rajkot, controlled
- DPIL bank loan defraud case: ED attaches property worth 1122 cores of accused trio
- AMC to organize Sabarmati Riverfront Summer Festival 2018
- Details of State level Gujarat Day functions in Bharuch on 1st May 2018
- Foundation stone for foot over bridge over river Sabarmati to be laid tomorrow