Kamlesh Patel not willing to contest from Maninagar:BJPAugust 24, 2014
Ahmedabad, 24 August 2014
BJP leader and Chairman of Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited(TCGL) Kamlesh Patel is not in the race for party ticket in Maninagar assembly seat.
State BJP today conveyed media that, “before one week Shri Kamlesh Patel met Smt. Anandiben Patel and Bhikhubhai Dalsania regarding Maninagar seat and told them that he is satisfied with present responsibility and he will give full support to party candidate. Further he told same to observers panel headed by Shri Bhupendrasinhji, so he is not willing to contest from Maninagar assembly seat and it is official.”
It should be noted that Kamlesh Patel was Maninagar MLA when Narendra Modi decided to contest from this seat. Patel was later made Chairman of Gujarat Tourism Corporation. When Narendrabhai vacated Maninagar seat to retain his Lok Sabha seat, it was believed that the seat will go back to Kamleshbhai. However there are other contenders too for this seat which is safe for BJP.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies