Kamlesh Patel not willing to contest from Maninagar:BJPAugust 24, 2014
Ahmedabad, 24 August 2014
BJP leader and Chairman of Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited(TCGL) Kamlesh Patel is not in the race for party ticket in Maninagar assembly seat.
State BJP today conveyed media that, “before one week Shri Kamlesh Patel met Smt. Anandiben Patel and Bhikhubhai Dalsania regarding Maninagar seat and told them that he is satisfied with present responsibility and he will give full support to party candidate. Further he told same to observers panel headed by Shri Bhupendrasinhji, so he is not willing to contest from Maninagar assembly seat and it is official.”
It should be noted that Kamlesh Patel was Maninagar MLA when Narendra Modi decided to contest from this seat. Patel was later made Chairman of Gujarat Tourism Corporation. When Narendrabhai vacated Maninagar seat to retain his Lok Sabha seat, it was believed that the seat will go back to Kamleshbhai. However there are other contenders too for this seat which is safe for BJP.
- US-Iran situation one of difficult international issues India was dealing with, will take stand on the basis of national interest: MEA Jaishankar
- Reliance Jio crosses milestone of 2 crore subscribers in Gujarat
- Congress fields Gaurav Pandya and Chandrikaben as its candidate for Gujarat Rajya Sabha bye-poll
- South West Monsoon finally arrives in Gujarat, widespread rains expected in two days
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Jugal Thakor file nomination as BJP candidates on two Rajya Sabha seats of Gujarat for bye-poll
- S.Jaishankar, Jugal Thakor BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls in Gujarat