Surat likely to get evening flight of Air India from October 1August 21, 2015
The city of Surat is likely to get a new evening flight for Delhi from October 1. This will be a Airbus plane with 168 seat capacity. The plane will leave Delhi at 5.30 pm and reach Surat at 7.30 pm. It will leave Surat at 8.00 pm and reach Delhi at 10.00 pm. This will be additional flight. The existing flight operated by a 72-seat aircraft in morning time will continue to be operated. As this plane is small, it takes more time to travel to Delhi and ticket fare is also high. Existing small plane could be replaced with bigger size plane in future.
In another development, Members of parliaments representing Surat in Lok Sabha have held discussion with Air Asia about starting of new flights connecting Surat to other cities. A team of Air Asia visited the city on July 17 and held a meeting with local chamber of commerce. Local MPs promised 70% advance booking if flight is started. Air Asia is considering flights to Surat in winter schedule possibly to connect Bangalore, Jaipur and Delhi to Surat.
- BAPS Hindu Mandir foundation stone-laying ceremony completed, celebrating UAE’s commitment to tolerance
- 5 detained in connection with ruckus in Hardik's Nikol public meeting: Police
- High-decibel Intense poll campaign in Gujarat to end tomorrow
- Hardik opposed during Congress election rally in Patidar den, had to leave without delivering speech
- BJP will win all 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat again with even higher lead: Vijay Rupani in Rajkot
- Will 2019 Witness the Dynasty as a Liability on the Congress Party? : A note by Arun Jaitley