Veteran Gujarati film and stage artist P Kharsani passes awayMay 20, 2016
Veteran Gujarati theater/film comedy artist Shri P. Kharsani passed away today in Ahmedabad. He was 91. Kharsani was suffering from Kidney related ailment.
He passed away at 4.00 pm today. He was living in his residence in Sachin tower of the city.
Born in 1926 Shri Kharsani started working in films in 1958. He was also into direction of Gujarati dramas including the most successful ‘Patta ni jod’.
With his sad demise the Gujarati art world has lost second star within two days as noted folksinger Diwaliben Bhil has passed away at her Junagadh residence yesterday.
Presented below is a video from our archive from February 2015 when he was given public felicitation by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(AMC).
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase