Protest march against Bhansali in Sanand, effigy burntFebruary 04, 2017
Ahmedabad: An outfit of Rajput community and Vishwa Hindu Parishad today took out a protest march against filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali for his upcoming film Padmavati based on Rani Padmini also known as Padmavati, and burnt his effigy in Sanand town of Ahmedabad district.
Hundreds of members of Rajput Vikas Sangh and the VHP took out the rally in town and burnt the effigy of Bhasali. They shouted slogans against Bhansali for his alleged attempt to distort the history to present Rani Padmini in poor light with Sultan Alauddin Khilji.
They warned that they won’t allow the film to be released in Gujarat.
Earlier, Members of Rajput Karni Sena had attacked Bhansali during a shoot of the film at the historic Jaigarh Fort in Jaipur of neighbouring Rajasthan last month. The outfit has alleged that Bhansali was twisting historical facts by romantically linking Queen Padmini with Sultan Alauddin Khilji.
Rani Padmini is believed to be a 13th century Indian queen and is the subject Bhansali’s upcoming film starring Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh. After the attack incidence he had given assurances that there are no intimate scenes in the film. The members of karni Sena have now demanded it be renamed and they must be allowed to review the film before release.
- Nitin Patel rubbishes rumors being spread on social media about him; CM finds such trash on social media not worth reacting
- Over 500 junior doctors of Ahmedabad civil hospital on flash strike again
- Social media lauds AMC's strict actions against litterers as videos go viral
- RIL partners with PROLINE to co-brand sports apparels
- Honda not in hurry for car plant in Gujarat
- Bhavnagar to get Rs 80 crore regional science museum