Rahul Gandhi climbs over 600 stairs of Chamunda Mata temple at Chotila in GujaratSeptember 27, 2017
Rajkot: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today climbed over 600 steps of the stairs of Chamunda Mataji temple in Chotila of Surendranagar district for darshan of mother goddess idol in the temple situated on a hill.
Rahul who had started his three day first leg of the Narvsarjan Gujarat Yatra as part of his poll campaing in the state from Dwarka after aarti and puja of lord Dwarkadheesh and taking the blessings of Shankaracharya of Shardapeeth there two days back today also went to Kagwad to have darshan of the deity of Patidar community in Khondaldham temple.
However many political observers see it as a mere poll gimmick to counter the so called ‘Hindutva’ agenda of ruling BJP.
Clad in white Kurta Pajama Rahul reached Chotila from Rajkot at around 10 am and straight away started climbing the 635 stairs. He reached the temple door in 10 to 12 minutes and offered Puj. The main mahanth of the temple Bhabhut Giri Daulat Giri also did sankalp for him. He spent around five to 10 minutes there and then came down starirs on foot.
There was rush in the temple owing to Navratri and Rahul climbed the temple with other people though he was cordoned by his special protection guards.
In the afternoon he also visited Khondaldham, the main religious place of Luuwa faction of Patidar or Patel community and offered prayers to Khodal maa, their main deity.
Rahul’s three day first leg of yatra covering five districts of Saurashtra in Gujarat will end today.
- CM Rupani lays foundation stone for Rs 800 crore public works in Ahmedabad
- World War II era Dakota aircraft arrives in Jamnagar Air Base from UK
- Miscreants damage around 30 vehicles in Bhavnagar city
- Hardik Patel's security cover withdrawn after security assessment by MHA
- One dead in Dyeing mill fire in Surat city of Gujarat
- DRI nabs two carriers of Mumbai based international gold smuggling racket from Ahmedabad airport with 1.6 kg gold