My caste-certificate not fake, those raking up the issue were unable to digest my victory: Independent MLA Bhupendra KhantJanuary 04, 2018
Newly elected Independent MLA Bupendra Khant, Who has announced support to main opposition Congress, today reiterated that the allegations about his so-called fake caste certificate was being made by those who were unable to digest his victory.
Notably, some local tribal people of his constituency Morva Hadaf in Panchamals district in central Gujarat had taken out a rally alleging that Khant was in fact an OBC who had produced fake caste certificate for contesting election on the seat reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates. They had also handed over a memorandum to local Mamlatdar demanding a probe in to the matter.
Khant on the other hand told newsmen today that the returning officer did not reject his caste certificate and now that he has won the election, those who were unable to digest it were trying to take out rally and make an issue out of it.
Khant, son of former Congress MLA late Savita Khant, was also in the party till he was expelled from it for putting forth his candidature as an independent against the official party candidate. He had met Congress president Rahul Gandhi on December 23 and announced his support for the party.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reacts to 5 State assembly poll results
- PM Narendra Modi reacts to five-state assembly election results
- Car bangs the international terminal in Ahmedabad, driver slapped with heavy fine
- Shaktikant Das appointed new RBI Governor for three years
- Lioness in Devaliya Safari Park of Gujarat dies
- Jio to become India's No 1 telecom operator by 2021: Bernstein report