Actor Salman Khan given 5-year term by Jodhpur court in blackbuck poaching caseApril 05, 2018
Jodhpur: Chief Judicial Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri today in his judgment in year 1998 black buck poaching case convicted actor Salman Khan. The other accused including Saif Ali Khan, Tabbu, Nilam, Sonali Bendre, Dushant Singh who was accompanying the accused and Salman Khan’s assistant Dinesh Gware are acquitted in this case.
Salman Khan was given five-year imprisonment by court under section 9/51 of Wildlife Protection Act. As jail-term given to Salman is more than 3 years, Salman would go to jail first before bail if given. Maximum sentence in this case is 6 years.
Salman and other accused were in Jodhpur in Rajasthan for shooting of film Hum Sath Sath Hai. On 1st October night in 1998, two blackbucks were poached at Bhagoda Ki Dhani near Jodhpur.
- Gujarat HC rejects Ahmed Patel's plea seeking dismissal of Rajput's petition challenging his election to RS
- ACB nabs Sarpanch in central Gujarat taking bribe of Rs 30000
- Bitcoin case: CID crime gets 7 days remand of main accused LCB PI Anant Patel
- DRI seizes 34 containers with illegally imported raw sesame seed worth over 4.5 crores from Sudan by North Gujarat based importer
- RMC removes illegally erected Ambedkar statues, Protesters issue ultimatum
- Gujarat Police cracks Surat rape and murder case