Rupani asks NRGs in USA to support ‘Jal Sanchay Abhiyan’ in GujaratMay 20, 2018
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani today reached out to Non-Resident Gujaratis (NRGs) settled in America through videoconferencing with an appeal to financially support Gujarat’s Jan Sanchay Abhiyan to conserve rainwater to last till next monsoon.
He was linked to NRGs assembled in the USA to celebrate Gujarat’s Foundation Day. It was early morning here and evening in America.
Congratulating all Gujarati families in America to mark Gujarat Gaurav Divas, Mr. Rupani listed all round development of the state during the last 22 years – be it agriculture or industry, trade or commerce and even policing – by application of latest technology with zero tolerance towards corruption.
He said the month-long statewide Jal Sanchay Abhiyan was launched on Gujarat’s Foundation Day on May 1 last, to deepen 13,000 village ponds, revive 32 rivers and cleanse network, create additional water storage capacity of 11,000-lakh cubic feet with people’s cooperation, and use the clay dug up as fertile soil for farming.
Mr. Rupani said that Gujarat’s living abroad are known to be concerned about developments back home. The Gujaratis’ dominance in America in intellectual fields like health, education and technology is also increasing. He appealed to them to extend financial and all possible support to this massive campaign for their motherland, in their respective village, taluka and district.
He invited NRGs to participate in the next biennial Vibrant Global Summit to be held here from January 18 to 20, 2019.
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL
- Supported by Pakistan ministers Rahul speaking language of those who have no good intentions for India: Smriti in Gujarat
- 26 lakh visited Ambaji during Bhadarvi Punam fair, 1 kg gold received in donation on last day