BJP, Sadbhavna Manch, AAP and now Kanubhai Kalsariya joins Congress; meets Rahul GandhiJuly 11, 2018
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal led Aam Admi Party (AAP) leader in Gujarat and former BJP MLA Kanubhai Kalsariya will formally join Congress during the upcoming Gujarat visit of party president Rahul Gandhi.
After meeting Rahul Gandhi in New Delhi at his residence today Kalsariya said over phone that he had a nice meeting with the Congress leader.
‘I have agreed to join Congress in principal but the formal joining would take place during the July 16-17 Gujarat visit of Rahul ji,’ he said.
Kalsariya had represented Mahuva constituency of Bhavnagar district three consecutive terms from 1997 to 2012.
Discussion on upcoming Gujarat visit of Rahul Gandhi, particularly to Bhavnagar district of Saurashtra also took place in meeting between Rahul and Kanubhai which was also attended by Rahul Gandhi confidant and Gujarat Congress incharge Rajiv Satav. Kanubhai and Morari Bapu both are from same region and Rahul wants to meet Morari Bapu during his upcoming Gujarat visit. This issue was also part of discussion. Rahul also sought details of Methala bandhara constructed by villagers to control salinity. Rahul is likely to visit the bandhara site.
- Major breaches at Kanalus railway station following heavy rains; several trains affected
- Ranki Vav of Patan to be on new Rs 100 currency notes: report
- NDRF teams rescue/evacuate over 80 people in rain ravaged Junagadh/Gir Somnath, body of washed away youth also recovered
- Junagadh continuing to receive very heavy rains; Manavadar 11 inch, Mendarda, Vanthli, Keshod , Mangrol above 4 -6 inch
- Seychelles vice president visits sports school in Kutch, participates in Parjanya Yagna
- In pictures: Iconic new railway station of Gandhinagar to be ready by December 31st this year