Consuming liquor at public places including beach banned in DamanApril 15, 2018
Valsad: Consuming liquor publicly has been banned in union territory Daman. The administration of union territory intends to achieve better law and order and cleanliness situation through this.
Bar and restaurants having license under excise are excluded from this.
The new rule has been imposed with effect from April 13. It will continue to remain effective for 60 days period. Tourist season linked to summer vacation is in same period.
According to Collector Sandipkumar Singh, one caught consuming liquor at any public place, tourist place including beaches will be booked and face punishment.
- Bus collides with tree in South Gujarat, 2 passengers from Ahmedabad dead, 4 injured
- IRCTC to run Shree Ramayana special train from Rajkot from December 7
- Statue of Unity projection mapping show known as Laser Show to get a more organized shape in coming days, the free of charge 30 minute show going on regular in the evening since Gujarati new year day
- Vinay Shah ad/investment scam: A day after announcement of probe, CID-crime team visits police stations in Ahmedabad to take case papers
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP starts in Gujarat from today, strict measures to check irregularity
- Vibrant Summit 2019: Gujarat CM to lead road show in Delhi on Friday