Consuming liquor at public places including beach banned in DamanApril 15, 2018
Valsad: Consuming liquor publicly has been banned in union territory Daman. The administration of union territory intends to achieve better law and order and cleanliness situation through this.
Bar and restaurants having license under excise are excluded from this.
The new rule has been imposed with effect from April 13. It will continue to remain effective for 60 days period. Tourist season linked to summer vacation is in same period.
According to Collector Sandipkumar Singh, one caught consuming liquor at any public place, tourist place including beaches will be booked and face punishment.
- Railway Board Chairman reviews progress of Bullet train project in Ahmedabad
- Narmada main canal water only for drinking purpose: Banaskantha collector warns citizens
- Congress councilors, office bearers join BJP in Bardoli: Kunvarji Halpati rejoin BJP in Mandvi
- 17 names for Congress candidature on Jamnagar Lok Sabha seat
- Water enough for two-month use added to Ranjitsagar dam through SAUNI
- Hitesh Patel, wanted in Vadodara based Sterling Biotech case detained in Albania