Consuming liquor at public places including beach banned in DamanApril 15, 2018
Valsad: Consuming liquor publicly has been banned in union territory Daman. The administration of union territory intends to achieve better law and order and cleanliness situation through this.
Bar and restaurants having license under excise are excluded from this.
The new rule has been imposed with effect from April 13. It will continue to remain effective for 60 days period. Tourist season linked to summer vacation is in same period.
According to Collector Sandipkumar Singh, one caught consuming liquor at any public place, tourist place including beaches will be booked and face punishment.
- Ease of Living Index: Surat ranked 19, Ahmedabad 23, Vadodara 36, Gandhinagar 39
- BJP to start week long membership campaign from August 15
- Heroin recovery case accused sent on remand, around 105 kg was received in sea
- Groundnut issue: After strict stance of Faldu, Dhanani apologize for his personal allegation
- Chances of re-activation of Monsoon in Gujarat from August 17, another system over bay of Bengal might end dry spell
- Pakistan releases 26 Indian fishermen, most of them from Gujarat