Gujarati tribal wedding night folk dance from Dahod (Video)February 22, 2007
Spring festival is going on in Gandhinagar’s Sanskruti kunj campus. Sanskrutikunj is normally a sleepy deserted place situated at the bank of Sabarmati River on Koba circle to Akshardham highway road. But in the days of 10 days spring festival every year, Sanskruti kunj gets a new look and becomes a live place. Many handicraft stalls from all over India, Two stages( one is main stage and another is Haveli’s backyard stage) busy with performances by folk dance groups from all over India( From Arunachan Pradesh to Gujarat and Punjab to Tamilnadu), and numerous ethnic food stalls, all this makes Sanskruti kunj a rocking and worth visiting place in spring.
Here is a DeshGujarat Video showing dance performance of tribal villagers from a small village near Dahod in east Gujarat.They do this dance after wedding ceremony in the night. Interesting fact is that they sort out their internal disputes that may have occured during marriage using swords by infighting while doing this dance. Simple instruments used in music of this dance are; Shehnai (2), nagaaru(small drum) and thaali(metal plate).
You visit Sanskruti kunj while spring festival is on and you will surely fall in love with its landscape. It’s unique with lots of natural slopes and streets. Main Stage is at downside and around the stage in three directions there are sitting arrangements going down to up on a rise. Here in this video you can have a glimpse of main stage.
And this is a Haveli. It was originally situated in Ahmedabad. But afterwards it was shifted to Sankruti kunj. Now it is standing there serving curious visitors who enjoy it’s every corner to taste the flavor of their culture and heritage of wooden houses.
- Narmada main canal water only for drinking purpose: Banaskantha collector warns citizens
- Congress councilors, office bearers join BJP in Bardoli: Kunvarji Halpati rejoin BJP in Mandvi
- 17 names for Congress candidature on Jamnagar Lok Sabha seat
- Water enough for two-month use added to Ranjitsagar dam through SAUNI
- Hitesh Patel, wanted in Vadodara based Sterling Biotech case detained in Albania
- PM Modi lashes out at Congress over Rahul Gandhi aide Sam Pitroda's tweets 'demeaning India's armed forces'