Vadodara to host national level Marathi literature festivalFebruary 14, 2018
Vadodara: The city will witness three-day Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan(Marathi literature national festival) from February 16. On even of start of this sammelan, a ‘Granth Dandi’ procession will commence from Lakshmi Vilas Palace. Marathi rangoli will be painted to decorate the route of yatra. The procession will have 20 floats with portraits and cutouts of Marathi authors. All those participating in this yatra will dress up in Marathi traditional attire. Gujarat had earlier hosted Marathi literature festival in year 1909, 1921 and 1934.
- Rupani lays foundation stone for railway over-bridge at Thangadh, Surendranagar
- Faldu makes formal complain to centre against NAFED in groundnut procurement scam
- JioPhone 2 debuts at Rs 2,999; Flash sale on Jio.Com starts at 12 pm on August 16
- 'Love-letter' of class 2 student to classmate girl in Vadodara city becomes 'talk-of-the-town'
- Rajkot SP suspends 4 cops for security related negligence
- Another arrest in groundnut soil mixing case, businessman who supplied low grade groundnut nabbed