Vadodara to host national level Marathi literature festivalFebruary 14, 2018
Vadodara: The city will witness three-day Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan(Marathi literature national festival) from February 16. On even of start of this sammelan, a ‘Granth Dandi’ procession will commence from Lakshmi Vilas Palace. Marathi rangoli will be painted to decorate the route of yatra. The procession will have 20 floats with portraits and cutouts of Marathi authors. All those participating in this yatra will dress up in Marathi traditional attire. Gujarat had earlier hosted Marathi literature festival in year 1909, 1921 and 1934.
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase
- Pulwama terror attack proves time for talks is over:PM Modi
- Female lion cub die in West Gir forest
- Gujarat govt. forms Transgender Welfare Board on direction of Supreme Court