Only scheduled flight at Porbandar airport to stop operationsJanuary 19, 2016
Only one schedule flight operated at Porbandar airport which is Jet Airways flight connecting Porbandar to Mumbai will cease to operate from 27 March this year.
It is learnt that decision to stop this service has been taken due to not enough availability of passengers and some technical issues which could be related to lack of enough ATR planes.
Jet Airways website doesn’t take bookings beyond 27th of March.
When contacted, Director of Porbandar airport said he has not received any intimation about closure of service. He said at present this is only scheduled flight and if it stops, the airport would continue to serve defense and non-scheduled air movement.
Passengers from Porbandar will need to go to 179 km away at Rajkot to catch the flights to Mumbai and other places. Alternatively they may use Jamnagar airport which is 134 km away or Diu airport which is 212 km away.
- Surat based couple gets appreciation from PM for a unique wedding card
- PM Modi has become fearful of Mahagathbandhan: Ahmed Patel in Gujarat
- VP Venkaiah Naidu donates a month salary of Rs. 5 lakh to Sardar Patel Memorial Trust in Gujarat
- Dy CM Nitin Patel presents report card of 3-day long Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- A day after asking them "How's the Josh," Modi responds to Bollywood bigwigs on Twitter
- Swedish Companies in Gujarat can create manifold more direct jobs if certain policy measures were taken: Consul General Ulrika Sundberg