Only scheduled flight at Porbandar airport to stop operationsJanuary 19, 2016
Only one schedule flight operated at Porbandar airport which is Jet Airways flight connecting Porbandar to Mumbai will cease to operate from 27 March this year.
It is learnt that decision to stop this service has been taken due to not enough availability of passengers and some technical issues which could be related to lack of enough ATR planes.
Jet Airways website doesn’t take bookings beyond 27th of March.
When contacted, Director of Porbandar airport said he has not received any intimation about closure of service. He said at present this is only scheduled flight and if it stops, the airport would continue to serve defense and non-scheduled air movement.
Passengers from Porbandar will need to go to 179 km away at Rajkot to catch the flights to Mumbai and other places. Alternatively they may use Jamnagar airport which is 134 km away or Diu airport which is 212 km away.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies