Only scheduled flight at Porbandar airport to stop operationsJanuary 19, 2016
Only one schedule flight operated at Porbandar airport which is Jet Airways flight connecting Porbandar to Mumbai will cease to operate from 27 March this year.
It is learnt that decision to stop this service has been taken due to not enough availability of passengers and some technical issues which could be related to lack of enough ATR planes.
Jet Airways website doesn’t take bookings beyond 27th of March.
When contacted, Director of Porbandar airport said he has not received any intimation about closure of service. He said at present this is only scheduled flight and if it stops, the airport would continue to serve defense and non-scheduled air movement.
Passengers from Porbandar will need to go to 179 km away at Rajkot to catch the flights to Mumbai and other places. Alternatively they may use Jamnagar airport which is 134 km away or Diu airport which is 212 km away.
- Fire tragedy: Rupani visits Surat
- 9 assembly seats where Congress received more votes than BJP in Gujarat Lok Sabha election 2019
- Assembly seat wise result of Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Gujarat
- Lioness dies due to falling in to under construction well in village near Gir forests
- 20 children dead, 16 injured in major fire in Surat, Gujarat govt announces Rs 4 lakh ex-gratia, orders probe
- 15 students dead in a shocking Surat fire tragedy, toll may rise