Glimpses of new Surat airport terminal building(Photos)February 26, 2009
Glimpses of new Surat airport terminal building(Photos)
Surat, 26 February, 2009
New Surat airport terminal building(inauguration on 27th of February) has range of facilities. Work for the second floor of the terminal building is yet to be completed. Photos given above shows glimpses of new terminal. Some fast facts of the terminal are following:
-Construction of the terminal has been completed in a record one year with a view to cater to an increased flow of tourists to Gujarat.
-The terminal building has been constructed at a cost of Rs 40 crore.
-The terminal has a total floor area of 8,500 sq meter.
-The terminal building can at a time handle around 300 passengers.
-The terminal is equipped with CCTV cameras.
– Three conveyor belts are there at the arrival building.
-One hand baggage X-ray machine is also there.
-Soon, the terminal building will have two air bridges with visual docking guidance system, two elevators and two escalators.
-Surat airport will have Instrument Landing System (LIS) to provide precision guidance to aircraft approaching a runway. A combination of radio signals and high-intensity lighting arrays will enable a safe landing during Instrument Meteorological Condition (IMC) such as low ceilings or reduced visibility due to fog and rain.
-Trial run has been going on for the past one month for the night landing system.
-A parking base has been set up for four aircraft.
-Talks between AAI, Jet Airways and Air India have been going on to start domestic services connecting Surat.
- Six journalists honored with Narad Award in a function in Gujarat
- ACB nabs deputy Mamlatdar red handed taking bribe in Central Gujarat
- PM takes spiritual break, takes 2 km trek to a solitary cave near Kedarnath
- Son of Gujarat Congress MLA and party candidate from Rajkot LS seat, dies in road mishap in West Bengal
- Two injured in different incidents of leopard attacks in Gujarat, one in Navasari city
- Day before final phase of polling, BJP chief Amit Shah performs 'Tatkal Mahapuja' at Somnath temple