GTU sets up Centre of Excellence in Automation TechnologiesFebruary 02, 2017
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Technological University (GTU) has set up centre of excellence in automation technologies at Vishwakarma College in GTU Chandkheda Campus. Shri Jaydrathsinhji Parmar, Minister of State for higher and technical education will Inaugurate the centre on 3rd February, 2017. German company Bosh-Rexroth has extended its cooperation to set up this center.
GTU has planned to set up a few centres of excellence at frontiers of today’s technology in Automation, Automobile, Mobile Hydraulic and Mobile Electronics Technologies with the help of Bosch-Rexroth India Limited (BRIN) to foster research & knowledge among the students at GTU. University has decided to procure such equipment for setting up of COE from Bosch-Rexroth, Germany. The main goal of the centre would be to improve the technical competence, employability and entrepreneurship of UG & PG students who train at the centre and encourage students to pursue PG and doctoral programs, Prof (Dr) Navin Sheth, Vice Chancellor of GTU said.
Hans Bangert, Managing Director, Bosch-Rexroth-India and Mr. Deepak Chellani, Director, Bosch-Rexroth-India will be guest of honour for the inauguration ceremony. The company has approached technical institutes for sharing costs in establishing a “Centre of Excellence for Training and Research in Automation Technologies” in order to promote active industry education institutions partnership in knowledge transfer and development in the automotive field for both students & faculties.
The primary objective is to develop industry institute partnership in the field of Automation, Automobile, Mobile Hydraulic, and Mobile Electronics Technologies and to bridge technology gaps between industry and academia, Dr Rajul Gajjar, Principal of VGEC and Director, GTU said. The Centers will provide facilities for hands on experience on today’s technologies and help develop new pedagogical methods. Initially GTU has planned to set up COE in automation sector in Ahmedabad and signed MoU between GTU & BRIN on 18th May, 2013. The objective is to have one such centre in every zones of GTU. The centre will be called GTU Centre of Excellence and will be located at one of the engineering colleges, affiliated with GTU.
Following technical labs with draft course contains will be set up in the centre:
- Pneumatic Lab. (6 Student per kit, 3 kits, 18 Students per batch) (Area: 1100 Sq. Ft with class room)
- Hydraulic Lab. (6 Student per kit, 3 kits, 18 Students per batch) (Area: 1100 Sq. Ft with class room)
- PLC Lab. (6 Student per kit, 4 kits, 24 Students per batch) (Area: 250 Sq. Ft)
- Robotic & Mechatronics Lab. (12 Student per kit, 2 kits, 24 Students per batch) (Area: 250 Sq. Ft)
- Sensor Lab. (6 Student per kit, 4 kits, 24 Students per batch) (Area: 250 Sq. Ft)
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday
- BSF nabs Pakistani boat in creek area, 2 fishermen also caught
- Amul increases milk prices by Rs. 2 per litre
- NDA would perform better than the predictions of the exit polls: DyCM Nitin Patel
- Gujarat board matriculation/class 10 results to be declared tomorrow