Bhuj-Naliya Broad Gauge rail line sanctionedOctober 16, 2008
Bhuj-Naliya Broad Gauge rail line sanctioned
New Delhi, Press Information Beureu, 16 October, 2008
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, Government of India today gave its approval for taking up gauge conversion of Bhuj-Naliya (101.24 kms) and with extension to Vayor (24.65 kms) at a cost of Rs.318.24 crore. Out of this Rs.238.24 crore will be funded through Budgetary Support and Rs.80 crore will be given by Cement Industries in the area.
The existing Metre Gauge link Bhuj-Naliya was constructed in late 1980’s on strategic consideration. After completion of gauge conversion of Ghandidham-Bhuj Section, this MG section has become isolated and is closed for traffic at present.
Gauge conversion of Bhuj-Naliya section will tap the freight traffic of this rich mineral belt and cement industries of Kutch district of Gujarat. Besides this, conversion of this MG section into BG will also connect border areas of Gujarat with rest of the country.
- Valley of flowers at Statue of Unity site
- Gujarat govt accepts demands of self immolation victim's family
- ED teams conduct raids on Nirav Modi's jewelry outlets in Gujarat
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau to arrive Gujarat tomorrow
- First Budget session of 14th Gujarat assembly from tomorrow, likely to be stormy. Patel to present budget on February 20
- Results of Gujarat Nagarpalika elections 2018 on Monday