U.S. Consul General visits Statue of Unity, finds it “very very impressive”December 03, 2018
Bharuch: Edgard D. Kagan, the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai today visited world’s tallest statue at Keavadiya colony in Gujarat.
He said, ‘it’s a great pleasure and really interesting to be here today at the statue of unity. I have heard about it, I have seen on TV, I have seen pictures but nothing compared to an opportunity to see it first hand. I am very very impressed by sheer size of the construction, the beauty of the site and ambition that is behind this.’
He said this was his fifth or sixth meeting to Gujarat but first to Kevadia area. Consul General also visited Turner project management corporation’s office and received detailed information of construction of Statue of Unity. He also visited Sarvangin Gram Vikas Mandal at Mangrol in Nandod taluka nearby and received details of services offered by the organization led by Shilpin Mahmudar.
- Counting of votes in Gujarat, the home state of PM Modi, begins amid tight 3 layered security, Fate of 371 candidates including Amit Shah to be decided
- Live: Lok Sabha general elections 2019 results
- Rajkot BJP will not celebrate Lok Sabha victory in view of demise of rival Congress candidate's son
- MHA asks States/UTs to take adequate security measures in connection with counting of votes
- Amit Shah asks six questions to opposition parties over their EVM cry
- Gujarat loses over 18 lakh mobile numbers in March, but Jio adds 5.71 lakh and BSNL adds 43,000 numbers