U.S. Consul General visits Statue of Unity, finds it “very very impressive”December 03, 2018
Bharuch: Edgard D. Kagan, the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai today visited world’s tallest statue at Keavadiya colony in Gujarat.
He said, ‘it’s a great pleasure and really interesting to be here today at the statue of unity. I have heard about it, I have seen on TV, I have seen pictures but nothing compared to an opportunity to see it first hand. I am very very impressed by sheer size of the construction, the beauty of the site and ambition that is behind this.’
He said this was his fifth or sixth meeting to Gujarat but first to Kevadia area. Consul General also visited Turner project management corporation’s office and received detailed information of construction of Statue of Unity. He also visited Sarvangin Gram Vikas Mandal at Mangrol in Nandod taluka nearby and received details of services offered by the organization led by Shilpin Mahmudar.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reacts to 5 State assembly poll results
- PM Narendra Modi reacts to five-state assembly election results
- Car bangs the international terminal in Ahmedabad, driver slapped with heavy fine
- Shaktikant Das appointed new RBI Governor for three years
- Lioness in Devaliya Safari Park of Gujarat dies
- Jio to become India's No 1 telecom operator by 2021: Bernstein report