U.S. Consul General visits Statue of Unity, finds it “very very impressive”December 03, 2018
Bharuch: Edgard D. Kagan, the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai today visited world’s tallest statue at Keavadiya colony in Gujarat.
He said, ‘it’s a great pleasure and really interesting to be here today at the statue of unity. I have heard about it, I have seen on TV, I have seen pictures but nothing compared to an opportunity to see it first hand. I am very very impressed by sheer size of the construction, the beauty of the site and ambition that is behind this.’
He said this was his fifth or sixth meeting to Gujarat but first to Kevadia area. Consul General also visited Turner project management corporation’s office and received detailed information of construction of Statue of Unity. He also visited Sarvangin Gram Vikas Mandal at Mangrol in Nandod taluka nearby and received details of services offered by the organization led by Shilpin Mahmudar.
- ACB nabs engineer in central Gujarat taking Rs 30 thousand bribe from contractor
- Union cabinet approves phase-2 of Ahmedabad Metro rail project
- Rupani launches common number ‘112 Emergency Helpline Services’ in Gujarat
- PM to inaugurate Ahmedabad Metro train project on March 4
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan