When Sabarkantha Collector became Singham in Mount AbuAugust 21, 2011
Mount Abu, 21 August 2011
Thanks to vigilant behavior of Sabarkantha’s district Collector Jayprakash Shivhare, two boatman cheating the tourists in Mount Abu’s Nakhi lake were detained by Rajasthan’s Sirohi police.
Sirohi’s district administration has fixed the rates that boat operators can charge, however Sabarkantha district collector Jayprakash Shivhare who was in Mount Abu with his family on vacation found that he was charged more than the prescribed rates. After brief verbal argument with the boat operator, Shivhare contacted Sirohi district’s Police Chief who then directed policemen to reach the spot. Though police took prompt action and detained two boat owners Mangelal Kabra and Jayantilal Hiragar, the larger truth is that a boat operator who has been contracted by the administration for operating boats in Nakhi lake regularly charges more from the tourists due to his proximity with one minister in Rajasthan.
- Watch | EAM Jaishankar on working with Gujarati people and represent Gujarat as MP
- Manisha Lavkumar, Mitesh Amin appointed as Additional Advocate General
- ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe case
- PM interacts with ITI-certified farmer from Bharuch, Gujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months