Tussle over Haridham Sokhda succession row continuesMarch 16, 2022
Vadodara: The fight between the supporters of Prabodh Swami and Tyag Vallabh Swami of Haridham Sokhda Swaminarayan mandir took place at the collector office in Vadodara.
The supporters of Prabodh Swami, Ambarish Diksharthi Jigneshbhai and other devotees alleged that Saral Swami had pulled the cloth of Prabodh Swami 2 days ago at Sokhda mandir and threatened him to leave the temple. They had given a memorandum to the Vadodara collector yesterday and they went to the collector office again for the same. Meanwhile, the opponent group- the supporters of TyagVallabh Swami also reached there. The tussles and fights took place there. The supporters of Prabodh Swami shouted slogans. They were shouting that his clothes should be taken away and he should be sent back to Rajkot.
The police present there resolved the fights. The supporters of Prabodh Swami alleged that the CCTV footage of the pulling of Prabodh Swami’s cloth has been deleted intentionally.
After passing away of Hariprasad Swami, the chief of Haridham Sokhda sect of Swaminarayan sampraday, tussle is going on over succession. DeshGujarat
- Two die of drowning during Ganesh Visarjan in Aaji dam; Video goes viral
- Gujarat govt approval for setting up model fire stations in five towns
- ACB Gujarat book Surat Police Inspector, Rajkot head constable in bribe case
- Over 45 pilgrims injured in bus accident near Ambaji
- River bridge over Bhogavo in rural Surendranagar collapses
- Vande Bharat - the fastest train to travel from Ahmedabad to Rajkot, Jamnagar; How much time it saves?
- Live: PM Modi flags off Jamnagar-Ahmedabad and 8 other Vande Bharat Express trains