14 Gujarat Police personnel to get Police Medals 2023January 25, 2023
New Delhi: A total of 901 Police personnel have been awarded Police Medals on the occasion of Republic Day, 2023. Two Gujarat Police personnel are awarded President’s Police Medal, while twelve are awarded the Police Medal for Meritorious Service.
The police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) has been awarded to 140, President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service (PPM) to 93 and Police Medal for Meritorious Service (PM) has been awarded to 668.
Among the majority of the 140 Gallantry Awards, 80 personnel from Left Wing Extremism affected areas and 45 personnel from Jammu & Kashmir region are being awarded for their gallant action. Among the personnel receiving Gallantry Awards, 48 are from CRPF, 31 are from Maharashtra, 25 are from J&K Police, 09 are from Jharkhand, 07 are each from Delhi, Chhattisgarh & BSF and the remaining from the other States/UTs and CAPFs.
Names of 14 Gujarat Police officials and jawans announced for medals :
President’s Police Medals for Distinguish Service:
Police Medal for Meritorious Service:
Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) is awarded on the ground of Conspicuous Gallantry in saving life and property, or in preventing crime or arresting criminals. President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service (PPM) is awarded for special distinguished record in Police Service and Police Medal for Meritorious Service (PM) is awarded for valuable service characterized by resource and devotion to duty.
Names of 14 Gujarat Police officials, jawans announced for President Police Medal pic.twitter.com/3smK4459uw
— DeshGujarat (@DeshGujarat) January 25, 2023
- Watch | EAM Jaishankar on working with Gujarati people and represent Gujarat as MP
- Manisha Lavkumar, Mitesh Amin appointed as Additional Advocate General
- ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe case
- PM interacts with ITI-certified farmer from Bharuch, Gujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months