Vadodara man cheated of Rs. 43 lakh while attempting to send money to Canada via hawalaMarch 11, 2023
Vadodara: The Karelibaug police have filed a complaint against a male and female living in Canada for allegedly cheating a person named Dip Patel of Rs 43 lakhs after offering to convert them into dollars.
Arpan Patel, who lives in Shriji society on New Sama Road, filed a complaint stating that his brother Dip Patel came to Vadodara from Canada on 26th January for his marriage and wanted to convert the money he received as a gift for his wedding into dollars. Dip’s cousin contacted a group on social media named Gujarati in Canada. The accused, Ankit alias Dhrumil alias Janak Jagdish Sidpara, mainly from Moti Parabadi, Dhoraji in Rajkot district, currently in Canada, and Aarti alias Rinkal Jitubhai Radadiya, from Dharmaraj society, Simada in Junagadh district, currently in Canada, responded to him.
Ankit and Aarti asked Dip to send the money to their relative, Ranchhod Ghughabhai Mer, in Surat through courier. They told him that they will pay dollars in Canada in exchange for it. Dip’s cousin deposited Rs 43 lakh in Bharat Pravin courier on behalf of Dip Patel. Ranchhod Mer collected the amount and sent it to Canada through KDM courier. However, Ankit and Aarti did not pay 70 thousand dollars in exchange for it, and they also switched off their phones. Dip Patel intended to use the gift money to purchase a house in Canada. DeshGujarat
- Two die of drowning during Ganesh Visarjan in Aaji dam; Video goes viral
- Gujarat govt approval for setting up model fire stations in five towns
- ACB Gujarat book Surat Police Inspector, Rajkot head constable in bribe case
- Over 45 pilgrims injured in bus accident near Ambaji
- River bridge over Bhogavo in rural Surendranagar collapses
- Vande Bharat - the fastest train to travel from Ahmedabad to Rajkot, Jamnagar; How much time it saves?
- Live: PM Modi flags off Jamnagar-Ahmedabad and 8 other Vande Bharat Express trains