ACB Gujarat traps a class-one lady officer of State govt in bribe caseMarch 16, 2023
Gandhinagar: Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat Police has nabbed a Class-1 officer of the Gujarat government in a bribe case.
Accused Smt Kajal Dave is the District Education Officer (DEO) of Dahod. She is accused of demanding and taking a Rs. 10,000 bribes at her office located in the Jilla Seva Sadan of Dahod.
According to ACB, a complainant person was going to retire and he was seeking a signature on no-due certificate for pension. The accused allegedly demanded Rs. 10,000 bribe to clear the papers. As the complainant was not willing to pay a bribe, he contacted ACB, following which a trap was arranged, and the accused DEO was nabbed after she received a bribe of Rs. 10,000.
ACB has detained the accused lady officer. Earlier this year, ACB Gujarat had nabbed another District Education Officer (DEO) in a bribe case. The accused in that case was Prakash Modi, DEO of Mahisagar district. He was accused of taking a Rs. 20,000 bribe. DeshGujarat
- Ahmedabad Court issues second summons to Tejashwi Yadav in defamation case
- PM to launch Rs. 4500 crore school excellence projects at Bodeli in Gujarat
- Death due to heart attack unrelated to stray cattle capturing drive: CNCD department of AMC clarifies
- Gujarat govt warns aggregator platforms against using non-transport vehicles
- Cow goes on rampage after dog bite, claims woman's life in Bardoli
- Reliance Foundation, ORF, and UN-India to hold two dialogues in New York amid UNGA week
- SpiceJet to restart Surat-Goa direct flight service from Oct 29