Vajpayee Bankable Yojana: ACB Gujarat nabs 2 bank staffers in a bribery caseMarch 22, 2023
Bhavnagar: Anti-corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat has nabbed the assistant manager of the Central Bank of India branch in Kalsar near Mahuva in Bhavnagar district, along with a middleman from the sub-staff in a bribery case involving the sum of Rs. 25,000.
The complainant had applied for a loan under the Swarojgar scheme, which is part of the Shri Vajpayee Bankable scheme under Commissioner Kutir and Gram Udhyog. The loan was deposited in the Central Bank of India branch in Kalsar. The accused assistant manager, Rahul Kapurchand Sharma, demanded a bribe of Rs. 25,000 for the loan to be approved, as per the note released by ACB.
The complainant contacted the ACB as he was not willing to pay the bribe. During a trap executed by the ACB, the accused middleman from the sub-staff, Baraiya Manojbhai Chhaganbhai, was found taking a bribe of Rs. 25,000 from the complainant on behalf of the accused assistant manager. The accused have been detained. DeshGujarat
- Vande Bharat Train sleeper version in 2024; Minister shares photos
- 6 Mini ICU at Motera stadium during matches
- Kashmir to Kevadia; CRPF women bike rally starts
- Southwest Monsoon 2023 withdraws from parts of Gujarat
- Ghee samples failed; Ambaji Mohanthal prasad maker blacklisted, Sabar Dairy files FIR
- SRP Music band to perform at Statue of Unity every week-end
- Protests erupt over Namaz event at school in Ahmedabad