CBI arrests consultant for accepting a bribe of Rs. 2 lakh in RajkotMay 20, 2023
Rajkot: The Central Bureau of Investigation has arrested a Consultant (private person) for demanding and accepting bribe of Rs. Two lakh from the Complainant.
A case was registered against a Consultant and a Regional Provident Fund Commissioner, Rajkot on complaint. It was alleged that the Consultant had initially demanded bribe of Rs.20,00,000/- on behalf of Regional PF Commissioner, EPFO, Rajkot and other unknown public servant (s) for settlement of false EPFO dues levied on Complainant firm. It was further alleged that the said Consultant agreed to reduce the bribe amount to Rs.11,00,000/-.
CBI laid a trap and caught the Consultant red handed while demanding & accepting a bribe of Rs.2,00,000/- from the Complainant. Searches were conducted at the premises of the accused at Rajkot.
The arrested accused was produced before the Competent Court and remanded to police custody. DeshGujarat
- By 2025 ISRO aims to send humans into space and bring them back: S Somanath in Gujarat
- 'Be Patriotic' among 5 mantras Mukesh Ambani gives to graduated students
- India faces Energy Trilemma as it races to meet its energy goals: Mukesh Ambani at PDEU
- HM Amit Shah addresses Divyakant Nanavati 'Smruti Parv' in Junagadh
- Parking vehicle at Ahmedabad railway station's designated lot not safe
- PM to unveil Shivaji statue, witness Indian Navy demonstration in Maharashtra
- Railways floats Rs. 85 crore tender for broad-gauge to Amreli