CBI arrests consultant for accepting a bribe of Rs. 2 lakh in RajkotMay 20, 2023
Rajkot: The Central Bureau of Investigation has arrested a Consultant (private person) for demanding and accepting bribe of Rs. Two lakh from the Complainant.
A case was registered against a Consultant and a Regional Provident Fund Commissioner, Rajkot on complaint. It was alleged that the Consultant had initially demanded bribe of Rs.20,00,000/- on behalf of Regional PF Commissioner, EPFO, Rajkot and other unknown public servant (s) for settlement of false EPFO dues levied on Complainant firm. It was further alleged that the said Consultant agreed to reduce the bribe amount to Rs.11,00,000/-.
CBI laid a trap and caught the Consultant red handed while demanding & accepting a bribe of Rs.2,00,000/- from the Complainant. Searches were conducted at the premises of the accused at Rajkot.
The arrested accused was produced before the Competent Court and remanded to police custody. DeshGujarat
- Live: PM Modi flags off Jamnagar-Ahmedabad and 8 other Vande Bharat Express trains
- R&B Superintendent Engineer suspended after misbehave with MLA
- Flagging off of Gujarat's third Vande Bharat Express train today: Railways announces a video competition
- BSF apprehends a Pakistani citizen near international border in Kutch
- Police Sub Inspector, two middlemen booked by ACB Gujarat in bribe case in Surat
- Sharad Pawar meets Gautam Adani in Gujarat
- Ganesha in lap of Sahajanand Swami in Lunawada raises controversy