Provide over-the-counter exchange facility for Rs. 2000 banknotes to public: RBI to BanksMay 22, 2023
Mumbai: The reserve bank of India has written to all the Chairman / Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer regarding the withdrawal of ₹2000 denomination banknotes stating that the facility of exchange of ₹2000 banknotes across the counter shall be provided to the public in the usual manner.
Here are excerpts from the RBI circular :
In continuation to our circular DCM(Plg) No.S-236/10.27.00/2023-24 dated May 19, 2023 on the captioned subject, it is advised as follows:
2. The facility of exchange of ₹2000 banknotes across the counter shall be provided to the public in the usual manner, that is, as was being provided earlier.
3. Banks are advised to provide appropriate infrastructure at the branches such as shaded waiting space, drinking water facilities, etc. considering the summer season.
4. Banks shall maintain daily data on deposit and exchange of ₹2000 banknotes in the format given below and submit the same as and when called for.
|Bank Name||Date||Amount of ₹2000 banknotes Exchanged||Amount of ₹2000 banknotes Deposited||Total Amount|
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
- Watch | EAM Jaishankar on working with Gujarati people and represent Gujarat as MP
- Manisha Lavkumar, Mitesh Amin appointed as Additional Advocate General
- ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe case
- PM interacts with ITI-certified farmer from Bharuch, Gujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months