Fishing activities on hold from June 1 to July 31 in coastal areas of SaurashtraMay 31, 2023
Gandhinagar: The fisheries department has announced a 61-day vacation from 1st June to 31st July for fishing activities in the coastal areas of Saurashtra.
The chances of accidents increase in coastal areas due to heavy tides and large sea waves as the monsoon season progresses. To prevent such accidents, the fisheries department halts fishing activities for a period of time every year. This year, the vacation will be observed from 1st June to 31st July. The reproduction of fish happens largely in the season of monsoon. Fishing activity in this period hampers the count of fish. This is also the reason for declaring a break in fishing activities during the monsoon ever year.
The boats will return to the ports, including Veraval, Mangrol, Jafrabad, Rajula, Nava Bandar, Bedi Bandar, Okha, Salaya, Chorvad, Sutrapada, and others ahead of the 1st June period. The boats are removed from the sea waters with cranes at the jetty. During the vacation, works such as boat repairs, painting, new boat building, and religious events are held. The fishermen celebrate religious festivals after returning to their homes. DeshGujarat
- Vande Bharat Train sleeper version in 2024; Minister shares photos
- 6 Mini ICU at Motera stadium during matches
- Kashmir to Kevadia; CRPF women bike rally starts
- Southwest Monsoon 2023 withdraws from parts of Gujarat
- Ghee samples failed; Ambaji Mohanthal prasad maker blacklisted, Sabar Dairy files FIR
- SRP Music band to perform at Statue of Unity every week-end
- Protests erupt over Namaz event at school in Ahmedabad