VHP cadres protest demolition of temple on a plot near Zydus Hospital in AhmedabadJune 03, 2023
Ahmedabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad cadres staged a demonstration against the demolition of a temple near Zydus Hospital here in the city today.
The Ram Mandir (Temple) being demolished is situated on a plot claimed by Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA) near Zydus Hospital in the Hebatpur area, adjacent to the Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway.
AUDA officers, an additional collector, and a police team arrived at the location to demolish the temple, gaushala (cow shelter), and samadhi (memorial). The temple’s priest claims that a court case is already in progress, and he possesses all the documents demonstrating that the villagers from the Thakur community had given this piece of land for the temple approximately 60 years ago when there was a jungle-like situation here. The priest also claimed that AUDA has allotted this plot to Ganesh Housing, who has been attempting to acquire the land for the past three years. The land ownership case is already being heard in the Mirzapur court, the priest said.
The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) cadres arrived at the site and alleged that the administration is conducting the demolition on Saturday and Sunday, taking advantage of court closures on these days. The VHP office-bearer said they shall move the Gujarat High Court regarding the matter. They said the government was misusing its power and police force. Deshujarat
- Vande Bharat Train sleeper version in 2024; Minister shares photos
- 6 Mini ICU at Motera stadium during matches
- Kashmir to Kevadia; CRPF women bike rally starts
- Southwest Monsoon 2023 withdraws from parts of Gujarat
- Ghee samples failed; Ambaji Mohanthal prasad maker blacklisted, Sabar Dairy files FIR
- SRP Music band to perform at Statue of Unity every week-end
- Protests erupt over Namaz event at school in Ahmedabad