Ahmedabad Cyber Crime Cell arrests impersonator posing as IAS OfficerJune 06, 2023
Ahmedabad: The cyber crime cell of Police on Tuesday apprehended a man named Sudhakar Pandey, who was impersonating a senior IAS officer and using his false identity to endorse his relatives for employment opportunities.
According to a police official, Pandey had falsely registered himself as a “senior IAS officer” on a caller identification app to lend credibility to his fabricated persona. The Ahmedabad cybercrime cell apprehended him in Vadodara and charged him under sections 419 (cheating by personation) and 469 (forgery for the purpose of causing harm) of the Indian Penal Code.
Pandey reportedly confessed to the authorities that he would contact various companies, claiming to be an IAS officer and advocate for his relatives to secure jobs. The investigation is currently ongoing. DeshGujarat
- Live: PM Modi flags off Jamnagar-Ahmedabad and 8 other Vande Bharat Express trains
- R&B Superintendent Engineer suspended after misbehave with MLA
- Flagging off of Gujarat's third Vande Bharat Express train today: Railways announces a video competition
- BSF apprehends a Pakistani citizen near international border in Kutch
- Police Sub Inspector, two middlemen booked by ACB Gujarat in bribe case in Surat
- Sharad Pawar meets Gautam Adani in Gujarat
- Ganesha in lap of Sahajanand Swami in Lunawada raises controversy