Matrimonial profile pics misused on Bumble and Tinder; Vadodara girl files complaintJune 07, 2023
Vadodara: The cybercrime police in Vadodara have registered a case against unidentified individuals for uploading photos of a woman without her consent on fake profiles created on dating applications Bumble and Tinder.
The victim, a 27-year-old female residing in Manjalpur with her family and working as an MD pathologist at Parul Sevashram Hospital, filed a complaint at the cybercrime police station. She was informed by one of her colleagues that a fake profile named “G,30” was created on Bumble using her photos. Another colleague informed her about a fake profile named “Anushka 29” on Tinder also using her photos.
In her complaint, the woman mentioned that she uses social media apps like Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp on her mobile phone. The photos used by the culprits to create the fake profiles on the dating apps were the ones she had uploaded on matrimonial websites such as jeevansathi.com, shadi.com, and bharatmatrimony.com. DeshGujarat
- Live: PM Modi flags off Jamnagar-Ahmedabad and 8 other Vande Bharat Express trains
- R&B Superintendent Engineer suspended after misbehave with MLA
- Flagging off of Gujarat's third Vande Bharat Express train today: Railways announces a video competition
- BSF apprehends a Pakistani citizen near international border in Kutch
- Police Sub Inspector, two middlemen booked by ACB Gujarat in bribe case in Surat
- Sharad Pawar meets Gautam Adani in Gujarat
- Ganesha in lap of Sahajanand Swami in Lunawada raises controversy