Kejriwal’s Degree Dikhao movement continues; now files review petition in Gujarat HCJune 10, 2023
Ahmedabad: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has filed a review petition in the Gujarat High Court seeking the review of the court’s earlier decision to fine him Rs 25,000 and reprimand him for persisting with the disclosure of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s MA degree from Gujarat University under the Right to Information Act.
Kejriwal has urged the court to reconsider its order claiming that the degree was not available on the website but instead, an office register (OR) was displayed. He argued that the format of a degree is distinct from an OR and submitted a review petition stating that the court’s judgment was based on an erroneous claim by the university.
The review petition has been admitted by Justice Biren Vaishnav, with a hearing scheduled for June 30.
The case began when Niraj Saxena requested PM’s degrees through the RTI Act. In response, Kejriwal expressed doubts about Prime Minister Modi’s degree and called for its disclosure. The Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) ordered Delhi University and Gujarat University to provide copies of Modi’s degrees. Gujarat University challenged this order in the High Court, resulting in a fine being imposed on Kejriwal. It’s worth noting that Gujarat University had on its website put PM Modi’s marksheets online for public view in 2016 in response to controversy. It can be even today accessed on the GU website.
Kejriwal also claimed that he had only responded to a communication from the CIC and had not directly requested information on Modi’s degree.
- Centralized admission in Govt run universities in Gujarat from next academic year
- Book about Dhirubhai Ambani written by Parimal Nathwani released by Gujarat Guv
- Parimal Nathwani's book ' The one and only Dhirubhai Ambani' launched
- Lilavati Hospital promoter family launches Lilavati Pharmacy in Gujarat, to open 500 stores in 5 years
- Land Director office's Senior Surveyor nabbed for taking bribe
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Gujarat visit on September 27
- “Congratulations, Team India!” - Nita Ambani lauds women’s cricket team on Asian Games triumph