Paldi underbridge being built by GMRC to be complete soonJune 10, 2023
Paldi: The construction of the Paldi underpass (Juna Shardamandir crossing) by the Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (GMRCL) is almost complete after facing many delays.
The underpass connects Paldi char rasta to Law garden and aims to provide improved connectivity for residents of Ambawadi, Law Garden, Paldi, and Navrangpura. Originally planned as a replacement for a level crossing, the underpass now incorporates entry and exit points for the Paldi Metro stations. Being built at a cost of approximately Rs 72 crores, the underpass design integrates the Paldi Metro station entrance and exit, spanning 450 meters with two traffic lanes in each direction. It is expected to alleviate traffic congestion and improve the Metro commuting experience.
Unique construction techniques were employed, including micro-tunnelling and soil nailing, to address soil stability and prevent waterlogging. The underpass is a significant infrastructure project aimed at enhancing transportation in the area.
- Watch | EAM Jaishankar on working with Gujarati people and represent Gujarat as MP
- Manisha Lavkumar, Mitesh Amin appointed as Additional Advocate General
- ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe case
- PM interacts with ITI-certified farmer from Bharuch, Gujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months