Surat Police arrest 3 over defamatory letter against CR Patil and other BJP leadersAugust 03, 2023
Surat: The local crime branch apprehended three individuals on Wednesday for allegedly disseminating a defamatory letter that contained accusations against Gujarat BJP president C R Paatil and other party leaders.
Following a complaint filed by BJP MLA Sandip Desai, the Surat crime branch promptly registered a First Information Report (FIR) and conducted the arrests. Three individuals named Rakesh Solanki, Khumansinh Patel, and Dipu alias Sonu Yadav were arrested by the police and booked under IPC sections 469, 500, 501, and 120 (b).
According to the complaint, Desai received a courier containing a letter and a pen drive. The letter’s author had made defamatory statements against Paatil, some ministers, and BJP MLAs. The allegations included claims that Paatil accepted bribes from the ministers in exchange for granting them favourable portfolios. Additionally, it was alleged that Paatil was involved in a large-scale corruption racket. The pen drive contained videos that supposedly supported the allegations against Paatil.
It is learned that the accused sent the letter from the post box of Bharuch and Palej Railway Station. The accused have also alleged that they were given the letter to post by a BJP leader from Umarpada Rakesh Solanki. DeshGujarat
- Watch | EAM Jaishankar on working with Gujarati people and represent Gujarat as MP
- Manisha Lavkumar, Mitesh Amin appointed as Additional Advocate General
- ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe case
- PM interacts with ITI-certified farmer from Bharuch, Gujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months