Liquor bottle found in Gujarat Vidyapith hostel room; Admission of student cancelledAugust 08, 2023
Gandhinagar: A liquor bottle was found from a room number 41 of Pran Jivan hostel in Gujarat Vidyapith.
A room has been sealed by Vidyapith management at 11 pm on Augyst 7 due to recovery of liquor bottle from inside.
The room was allocated to third year PhD student of History, Jignesh Katara. His admission has been cancelled by Vidyapith management. There was other person also in the room named Kalpesh Solanki when a liquor bottle was seized. He was from outside and staying in hostel, which is not permitted. Solanki told Vidyapith management that he was in the city to appear in exam and he was staying with Katara in latter’s room in Vidyapith hostel.
The room was visited by the hostel warden, when liquor bottle was seized. Gujarat Vidyapith was founded by Mahatma Gandhi. DeshGujarat
- Watch | EAM Jaishankar on working with Gujarati people and represent Gujarat as MP
- Manisha Lavkumar, Mitesh Amin appointed as Additional Advocate General
- ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe case
- PM interacts with ITI-certified farmer from Bharuch, Gujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months