ACB Gujarat nabs another Talati in bribe caseSeptember 19, 2023
Panchmahal: The Anti-Corruption Bureau of Gujarat has nabbed a Talati cum Mantri of Kanetia Gram Panchayat in Kalol taluka in a bribery case involving ₹3,500.
According to the case details, the complainant had carried out construction work on two new houses. After completing the construction and assessment, the complainant met with the accused, Vitthalbhai Ghanshyambhai Solanki, the Talati cum Minister, Class 3, at the panchayat office on September 6, 2023. During the meeting, the accused informed the complainant that he would need to pay property tax for both houses. The complainant paid ₹1,000, but the accused demanded ₹7,000 as a bribe for the assessment of both houses. Subsequently, on September 13, 2023, the accused called the complainant and demanded the bribe money in person. The complainant paid ₹3,500 to the accused that day, with the remaining amount promised to be paid on September 19, 2023.
As the complainant was reluctant to pay the bribe, he contacted the ACB. ACB, during a trap setup, nabbed the accused while he was accepting a bribe of ₹3,500 at a tea-snack shop on Malav Chowk in Kalol. The accused has been detained, and further investigation is underway. DeshGujarat
- Two die of drowning during Ganesh Visarjan in Aaji dam; Video goes viral
- Gujarat govt approval for setting up model fire stations in five towns
- ACB Gujarat book Surat Police Inspector, Rajkot head constable in bribe case
- Over 45 pilgrims injured in bus accident near Ambaji
- River bridge over Bhogavo in rural Surendranagar collapses
- Vande Bharat - the fastest train to travel from Ahmedabad to Rajkot, Jamnagar; How much time it saves?
- Live: PM Modi flags off Jamnagar-Ahmedabad and 8 other Vande Bharat Express trains