ACB Gujarat nabs Inspector of Inspection of Building in Rajkot in bribe caseSeptember 19, 2023
Rajkot: The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat recently nabbed a Class 2 Inspector of the Inspection of Building and Other Construction department, employed at the Office of the Joint Director of Industrial Health & Safety (Department of Labor and Employment) here in the city, in a bribery case involving ₹40,000.
According to the case details, the accused, Gaurang Arjunbhai Makwana (46), visited a factory owned by the complainant located in Jiyana village. During this visit, the accused met with the site engineer of the factory and informed him that the outstanding tax, which was to be paid at a rate of 1% of the construction cost totaling 1 crore rupees, amounted to Rs. 1,00,000. The accused demanded ₹25,000 for this tax and an additional ₹15,000 to avoid registering the construction.
Following this meeting, the complainant met with the accused at his office. During this meeting, the accused refused to issue the pending tax notice online and instead suggested that the complainant pay a bribe amount of ₹40,000.
Since the complainant was unwilling to pay the bribe, he filed a complaint at the ACB Police station in Rajkot. Subsequently, in a trap set up by the ACB, the accused was caught red-handed while accepting the bribe near Panchayat Chowk in the city. The accused was detained, and further investigation is underway. DeshGujarat
- Two die of drowning during Ganesh Visarjan in Aaji dam; Video goes viral
- Gujarat govt approval for setting up model fire stations in five towns
- ACB Gujarat book Surat Police Inspector, Rajkot head constable in bribe case
- Over 45 pilgrims injured in bus accident near Ambaji
- River bridge over Bhogavo in rural Surendranagar collapses
- Vande Bharat - the fastest train to travel from Ahmedabad to Rajkot, Jamnagar; How much time it saves?
- Live: PM Modi flags off Jamnagar-Ahmedabad and 8 other Vande Bharat Express trains