Sabarmati Riverfront – Kevadia sea plane route allotment issue reaches High CourtSeptember 20, 2023
Sabarmati: The sea-plane project, connecting Ahmedabad riverfront to the Narmada’s Kevadia Statue of Unity, has been mired in controversy once again. After its launch sea-plane frequently required repairs, and as a result, the service has been suspended for some time.
Maritime Energy Heli Air Service Private Limited Company, which had won the bid for the sea-plane service, has now taken the matter to the High Court.
Maritime Energy Heli Air Services Pvt Ltd successfully bid for sea-plane services, but they faced issues when Gujarat State Aviation Infrastructure Company Limited failed to finalize an agreement within the stipulated 30 days. Consequently, the government terminated their dealings, confiscated their bank guarantee, and blacklisted the company.
This blacklisting prevents the company from participating in any future tenders. Consequently, the petitioner company challenged this decision in court, emphasizing that it was a government entity that failed to reach an agreement.
The bench of Chief Justice Sunita Aggarwal and Justice Aniruddha P. Mayee has requested the petitioner to provide sufficient documents, as their lawyer did not possess the papers related to the blacklisting order of the petitioner company. Further proceedings on this matter are scheduled for October 4th. DeshGujarat
- Gamdiwala dairy plant raided; adulteration using Maltodextrin found, 5000 ltr milk destroyed, license suspended
- Former MLA, AICC member, others join BJP in Gujarat
- Traffic jam on Mumbai - Ahmedabad national highway as tanker catches fire
- PM Narendrabhai Modi to inaugurate runway at Air Force Station Deesa in Gujarat
- PM Narendrabhai Modi to dedicate/launch Rs. 44,000 crore development projects in South Gujarat
- PM Narendrabhai Modi to dedicate Vadodara - Bharuch Expressway
- PM Narendrabhai Modi to launch Rs. 13,000 crores projects from Mehsana on Feb 22