Live insects in food: AMC fines two outlets Rs. 25,000November 24, 2023
Ahmedabad: A day after two videos went viral, showing worms in the food served at two renowned pizza outlets, the food department of the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) on Thursday has imposed fines on these establishments. Two outlets, namely British Pizza and Real Paprika, have been fined a total of Rs. 25,000.
This action was taken following customer complaints about unhygienic food served at the respective outlets.
The incident occurred on Tuesday night when a customer found insects in the peanut salad served to him at British Pizza in the Vastral area. After the complaint, AMC’s food department collected surveillance samples of the peanut salad and imposed a fine of ₹15,000 under the Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006.
In another instance, worms were found in a burger purchased from Real Paprika in the New Ranip area. In response, the AMC collected surveillance samples of the burger, fined the outlet ₹10,000, and issued a notice regarding the matter. DeshGujarat
- Gopal Snacks Ltd IPO to open on Wednesday, March 06, 2024
- Unseasonal rains in parts of Gujarat today
- In Pictures: Celebs at Anant Ambani-Radhika Merchant's pre-wedding function in Jamnagar
- Bollywood celebs, Hollywood icons, and industrialists arrive in Jamnagar for Anant-Radhika pre-wedding
- Mahesh Vasava meets CR Patil; Joita Patel set to join BJP
- Air India launches Bhuj-Mumbai direct flight service
- Opening of IN-SPACe's Technical Centre at Bopal, Gujarat on March 5