ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe caseDecember 09, 2023
Jamnagar: The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Gujarat today nabbed an Up-Sarpanch and a member of the Shekhpat Gram Panchayat here in Jamnagar in connection with a bribery case involving Rs. 60,000.
According to the case details, the complainant conducted leveling work near Kuldevi Mata Mandir in Shekhpat village using his JCB and Dumper machine. Following this, the accused, Ramjibhai Kanzaria (47), the Up-Sarpanch of Shekhpat village, and Mansukhbhai Chavda (48), a member of the Panchayat, demanded administrative charges of Rs. 1,10,000 as the complainant leveled the area and sold the extra sand recovered in the process. After negotiations, the bribe amount was settled at Rs. 60,000.
As the complainant was unwilling to pay the bribe, he contacted the Jamnagar ACB Police Station. Later, the ACB set up a trap, and both the accused were caught red-handed while accepting Rs. 30,000 each at Zilla Panchayat Circle. Both the accused have been detained, and further legal proceedings are underway. DeshGujarat
- Bollywood celebs, Hollywood icons, and industrialists arrive in Jamnagar for Anant-Radhika pre-wedding
- Mahesh Vasava meets CR Patil; Joita Patel set to join BJP
- Air India launches Bhuj-Mumbai direct flight service
- Opening of IN-SPACe's Technical Centre at Bopal, Gujarat on March 5
- Paldi Jalaram Mandir under-bridge to open for traffic on 4 March
- GST revenue in Gujarat up by 15% in February 2024 compared to February 2023
- Tata's N. Chandrasekaran visits Dholera a day after announcement of semiconductor fab unit