News in brief: NCC allowance, 6 smart cities, school safety weekJuly 10, 2015
– Six cities of Gujarat – Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Bhavnagar and Junagadh will be developed as Smart Cities, said education minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama while inaugurating a workshop on smart city development at Gujarat Technological University in Ahmedabad. He said the first smart city of India is GIFT City in Gujarat which is vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. He said development plan for 100 smart cities is in progress, of which 6 cities of Gujarat along with Gandhinagar will be developed under the leadership of Chief Minister Anandiben Patel. He said the state government allocates Rs 100 crore per year for urban development.
– Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel will kick off Gujarat School Safety Week 2015 from Gandhinagar on 13th July. The safety week will be observed furing 13-17 July across 400 schools in Kutch, Jamnagar and Devbhumi Dwarka districts. Sports, lectures, competitions, mock drills etc activities are part of the week-long safety week.
– Various allowances for NCC cadets are increased by Gujarat government. This decision will benefit 56,000 NCC students. As per this decision, refreshment allowance will be up from Rs 2 to Rs 10 per period, messing allowance will be up from Rs 75 at present to Rs 95, travel journey allowance will be up from Rs 30/day to Rs 60/day. POL camp allowance will be up from Rs 55 to Rs 125 for joint annual training camp. Incidental allowance will be Rs 18 instead of present Rs 12. The allowance has been increased after a gap of over 16 years.
- VP Venkaiah Naidu donates a month salary of Rs. 5 lakh to Sardar Patel Memorial Trust in Gujarat
- Dy CM Nitin Patel presents report card of 3-day long Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- A day after asking them "How's the Josh," Modi responds to Bollywood bigwigs on Twitter
- Swedish Companies in Gujarat can create manifold more direct jobs if certain policy measures were taken: Consul General Ulrika Sundberg
- Actor Vivek Oberoi on stage at valedictory session of Vibrant Gujarat Summit; MoU signed with Global Studios
- Overwhelmed with emotion after visiting it: Vice President Naidu on Statue of Unity in Gujarat