Ganesh procession attacked, communal clash in Mandvi area of VadodaraAugust 11, 2017
Vadodara: There has been incidents of stone pelting and arson in Mandvi area of Vadodara city after stone pelting on 32 ft high Ganesh murti during Hindu religious procession. Mandvi is the area where several years ago Bin Laden’s posters were showcased by some fanatics. Ganesh processions have been attacked in this area in the past too. Over dozen shops were looted, around 15 vehicles were torched or damaged late in the evening today in communal clash. Stone pelting was also witnessed. Police had to lob over dozen teargas shells to control the crowds. A road connecting Panigate and Mandvi was closed for traffic.
- States to be offered three schemes for cost plus 50% price to farmers: Niti Aayog Vice Chairman in Gujarat
- Rs 98 lakh bank cash van loot: main accused Sudhir Baghel held from Uttar Pradesh
- Chief Minister lays stone of Gujarat Sports University headquarters on 130-acre near Vadodara
- ACB Gujarat nabs State GST staffer, CA for taking bribe from shop owner
- S. Murali Krishna appointed new Chief Electoral Officer of Gujarat
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress