Ganesh procession attacked, communal clash in Mandvi area of VadodaraAugust 11, 2017
Vadodara: There has been incidents of stone pelting and arson in Mandvi area of Vadodara city after stone pelting on 32 ft high Ganesh murti during Hindu religious procession. Mandvi is the area where several years ago Bin Laden’s posters were showcased by some fanatics. Ganesh processions have been attacked in this area in the past too. Over dozen shops were looted, around 15 vehicles were torched or damaged late in the evening today in communal clash. Stone pelting was also witnessed. Police had to lob over dozen teargas shells to control the crowds. A road connecting Panigate and Mandvi was closed for traffic.
- Former Gujarat minister joins Congress
- Gujarat CM opens hostel and school, presents kits and assistance to 4,500 elderly poor citizens
- Mahamana Express to cut time of journey between Vadodara and Varanasi by 7 hours: Piyush Goyal
- One lakh Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayats to be held; launch in Gujarat tomorrow
- Toll collection on new Narmada river bridge in Bharuch as per rule, no norm violated: NHAI
- One of 17 Skill Training Centres approved by GoI for Gujarat opens at Morbi