Alpesh Thakor meets Rahul, announces to join Congress on October 23October 21, 2017
The self styled head of OBC Ekta manch and Thakor sena, Alpesh Thakor today had a meeting with Congress president Rahul Gandhi after which he announced to join the opposition party on October 23.
Alpesh had a meeting with Rahul in presence of Gujarat Congress president Bharatsinh Solanki and party in-charge Ashok Gehlot in New Delhi.
He later told newsmen that he would join Congress on October 23 during Rahul’s upcoming Guajrat visit at Gandhinagar.
He also attacked the Gujarat model of BJP on the occasion.
Meanwhile the development has taken place on a day when Congress had tendered invitation to him, Hardik Patel and Dalit leader Jignesh Mewani to join it.
Hardik on the other hand has in a tweet congratulated Alpesh to which he has replied as thanks.
Solanki later said that he was happy that Alpesh has come with Congress and hoped that Hardik and Mewani too would follow suit.
Hardik, who received a jolt this evening as his close aides Varun Patel and Reshma joined BJP terming him an agent of Congress, had indicated to announce support for Congress.
Mewani on the other hand would also in all likelihood announce support for the party though he told newsmen here today that he would not join any political party.
It is learnt that Alpesh could be fielded as a Congress candidate against BJP’s minister Sharkar Chaudhary on Vav seat in Banaskantha district.
- ACB nabs engineer in central Gujarat taking Rs 30 thousand bribe from contractor
- Union cabinet approves phase-2 of Ahmedabad Metro rail project
- Rupani launches common number ‘112 Emergency Helpline Services’ in Gujarat
- PM to inaugurate Ahmedabad Metro train project on March 4
- Pulwama attack masterminded by Jaish, ISI: 15 corps commander LT Gen KJS Dhillon
- 'Pakistan will not think twice to retaliate back if India retaliates': Imran Khan