Gujarat Science City to have Aviation & Defense galleries and IT Park: MinisterMarch 17, 2023
Gandhinagar: Speaking in the State Assembly on Science & Technology department plans in Gujarat, minister Praful Panseria said Gujarat Science City will have a new gallery of Aviation and Defense. It will also have an IT (Information Technology) park.
The minister said that an IT park will be developed at Science City at a cost of Rs. 54 crore as per the provision made in the State budget 2023-24. He said the IT park will be developed to give a further boost to the new IT policy (2022-27). Infrastructural facilities will be provided to medium-level companies and startups in this IT Park in order to attract more investment in this sector and creation of new employment opportunities, the minister further said.
The minister said daily over 5,000 visitors visit Science City. In the last one year over 13 lakh, people have visited Science City. The minister further added that in order to attract private investors and innovators, a Space manufacturing cluster will be developed in cooperation with INSPACE. Gujarat will be the first state to take such an initiative, the minister added.
The minister said, a STEM quiz by GUJCOST will have prize money of Rs. 2 crore while Robofest Gujarat 3.0, the biggest robot competition of India by GUJCOST will have prize money of Rs. 5 crore.
The minister said that four regional science centres are opened at Patan, Bhuj, Rajkot, and Bhavnagar, while four more such centres are to be opened in the next 5 years along with the district science centres across 25 districts. DeshGujarat
- Ahmedabad Court issues second summons to Tejashwi Yadav in defamation case
- PM to launch Rs. 4500 crore school excellence projects at Bodeli in Gujarat
- Death due to heart attack unrelated to stray cattle capturing drive: CNCD department of AMC clarifies
- Gujarat govt warns aggregator platforms against using non-transport vehicles
- Cow goes on rampage after dog bite, claims woman's life in Bardoli
- Reliance Foundation, ORF, and UN-India to hold two dialogues in New York amid UNGA week
- SpiceJet to restart Surat-Goa direct flight service from Oct 29