Ahmedabad – Gandhinagar Metro rail connectivity project moves one step closer; Coaches orderedAugust 31, 2023
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) has awarded a contract worth Rs 350 crore to Titagarh Rail Systems Ltd for the supply of 10 Metro trains (cars) intended for Phase 2 of the Ahmedabad Metro.
On Tuesday, the Kolkata-based company received a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) for responsibilities including train design, manufacturing, supply, testing, and commissioning.
The upcoming metro line, scheduled to link GIFT City and the state capital Gandhinagar, is likely to be operational by 2024. Each of the 10 trains will be composed of three cars. The approval for the 28.2-km-long Phase 2 of the Ahmedabad Metro, extending from Motera Stadium to Mahatma Mandir (with an additional line to GIFT City), was granted by the central government in February 2019. The estimated cost for this phase is Rs 5,384 crore.
Also in June this year, the same company was awarded a contract worth Rs 866 crore to provide 24 trains for Phase 1 of the Surat Metro, which is currently under construction. It’s not immediately clear how many bidders participated in the GMRC’s rolling stock tender.
It is also noteworthy that for Metro Phase 1, 32 sets of trains were supplied by the South Korean company Hyundai Rotem at a cost of Rs 1,025 crore. The trains for Phase 2 will closely resemble those already operational on Phase 1 routes. DeshGujarat
- Watch | EAM Jaishankar on working with Gujarati people and represent Gujarat as MP
- Manisha Lavkumar, Mitesh Amin appointed as Additional Advocate General
- ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe case
- PM interacts with ITI-certified farmer from Bharuch, Gujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months