Expected rainfall scenario in Gujarat for the next 5 daysSeptember 08, 2023
Gandhinagar: In the first week of September, the monsoon has picked up the pace with very heavy to heavy rainfall occurring in districts of South Gujarat in last two days. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) in its forecast has predicted the possibility of light to moderate rain across several places in Gujarat till September 13th, with very heavy to heavy rain expected in some districts of South Gujarat on September 9th and 10th.
On September 9th, Surat, Tapi, Narmada, Navsari, and Valsad are marked with an orange alert, showing the possibility of very heavy rainfall in these areas.
Heavy rainfall is also predicted for other districts, namely Bharuch, Vadodara, Chhota Udepur, and Dahod. Apart from the mentioned districts, only Aravalli, Mahisagar, Panchmahal, Bhavnagar, Amreli, and Gir Somnath are likely to witness light to moderate rain.
On September 10th, Gir Somnath, Amreli, Bhavnagar, Aravalli, Mahisagar, Panchmahal, Dahod, Chhota Udaipur, Narmada, Surat, Tapi, Dangs, Navsari, and Valsad are the districts that may experience light to moderate rain. However, Aravalli, Mahisagar, Dahod, and Valsad could also experience heavy rainfall at some isolated places.
From September 11th to September 13th, light to moderate rains are forecasted for the districts of Gir Somnath, Amreli, Bhavnagar, Surat, Tapi, Dang, Navsari, Valsad, and Daman and Diu. All other districts of Gujarat are likely to remain dry during this period. DeshGUjarat
- Watch | EAM Jaishankar on working with Gujarati people and represent Gujarat as MP
- Manisha Lavkumar, Mitesh Amin appointed as Additional Advocate General
- ACB Gujarat nabs Dy Sarpanch, Panchayat member in bribe case
- PM interacts with ITI-certified farmer from Bharuch, Gujarat
- Which food items India imports? Which food items it exports? How much?
- Nearly five times increase in mobile broadband subscribers in 10 years in Gujarat; BTS growth nearly 3-fold
- Long-pending completion of Patan's new bus port to take another 6 months