Playing political games over dead bodies:Teesta’s NGO faces Court angerJuly 29, 2010
Playing political games over dead bodies:Teesta’s NGO faces Court anger
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 29 July 2010
Mumbai based Teesta Javed Setalvad’s NGO Citizen for Justice and Peace(CJP), yesterday faced Gujarat High Court’s anger. CJP was scold by the judges and it’s amended application was rejected.
Teesta Javed Setalvad’s NGO Citizen for Justice and Peace had filed a public interest litigation in Gujarat High Court seven years back regarding compensation to 2002 Godhra riot victims. After several years gap, the NGO filed amendment which was bigger than the original application.
The High Court bench of Chief Justice SJ Mukhopadhyay and Akil Qureshi scold Teesta Javed’s NGO ‘Citizen for Justice and Peace’ and told, “your original PIL was admitted seven years back. So where were you all these years. It seems you have no genuine feelings for the riot victims. You have presented photographs of dead bodies of riot victims. What do you want to prove by showing dead bodies photographs? You want to prove your feelings for riot victims showing such photographs? It seems you are more interested in playing political games than getting justice through your PIL.”
The High Court judges cautioned the NGO for such activity.
It should be mentioned here that Teesta Javed’s NGO had filed number of issues of its magazine, photographs of dead bodies, reports published on websites, documents accusing the state government and Chief Minister etc. The size of this proposed amendment was about three and half thousand pages.
The court rejected Teesta Javed’s NGO’s amendment application.
- Live: Gujarat budget 2019 ( vote on account )
- BJP - Shiv Sena announce alliance for upcoming Lok Sabha and Maharshtra assembly polls
- 2 more deaths due to swine flu in Gujarat, 94 new cases registered, total toll over 65
- Single helpline number 112 for all emergency services from tomorrow; effective in 7 districts of Gujarat in first phase
- Pulwama terror attack proves time for talks is over:PM Modi
- Female lion cub die in West Gir forest