Indian Railways senior citizen concession, new rules from JuneMay 25, 2011
Indian Railways senior citizen concession, new rules from June
Ahmedabad, 25 May, 2011
In a bid to provide maximum benefit to senior citizens, the Ministry of Railways has decided to increase the element of concession to 40% from existing 30% for male senior citizens who are above 60 years of age. The concessional fare of 40% will be applicable on tickets purchased on and after 1st June, 2011. In case of tickets already issued for travel on and after 1st June, 2011, refund of difference of fares will not be admissible.
In case of women senior citizens, the minimum age for availing senior citizens concession has been reduced to 58 years from the existing 60 years. The element of concession remains to be 50 per cent.
The concession to senior citizens is granted in the basic fares of Mail/Express trains and all inclusive fares of Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi trains.
Senior citizens are given concession through PRS(Passenger Reservation System) on demand(and not by default). In such case senior citizen has to carry some document showing proof of their age or date of birth, issued by any Government institution/Agency/Local Body. This may be in the form of an Identity Card, Ration Card, Driving License, Passport, Educational certificate, certificate from Local Bodies like Panchayat/Corporation/Municipality, or any other authentic and recognized document to be produced, if demanded by authorized Railway Official during the journey.
- Two news coming from Gujarat Congress camp
- Farmers would get crop insurance dues before Janmashtami: Rupani
- Forest department rescues 3 Asiatic lions trapped between two flooded rivers in Gir
- Extremely heavy rain fall forecast for Dahod, Botad, Surendranagar on Monday
- Shankersinh Vaghela sends resignation letter to party president Sonia Gandhi
- Husband dies in front of wife in Kamatibaug Vadodara due to electric shock