200 Amarnath Yatriks of Vapi duped by travel agentJuly 04, 2011
200 Amarnath Yatriks of Vapi duped by travel agent
Valsad, 4 July, 2011
The faith of 60 devotees from Vapi took turn for the worse this Morning. The devotees were on the Jammu Tavi Express, on their way for the Amarnath Yatra when they came to know that their travel agent had actually not booked their tickets as promised. These passengers who had boarded the train from Vapi had to get down at Surat. Their travel agent had scammed them and was nowhere to be found.
A travel agent named Jigar Bhatt who owns Umang tours and travels was supposed to arrange a tour for these devotees. He told the group that an extra coach will be added for them, but not a single name of any passenger of the group could be seen on the booking chart. Believing that a coach will be added, they boarded the train. But they had to finally get down from the train at Surat station. Umang Bhatt switched off his phone so that he could not be contacted.
The devotees from the Nandvana Mandal had given Rs 13,550 per head for this tour. The entire amount involved in this was around Rs 8 lakh. The devotees were shocked to know that they have been cheated on the name of a holy trip.
A police complaint has been filed in this regard at Bhilad police station.
- Suggested high-command to field Vaghela against Shah in Gandhinagar, got a go-ahead:NCP Gujarat chief
- Namumkin ab mumkin hai, Modi hai to mumkin hai: Gujarat BJP starts holding series of Vijay Vishwas Sammelans
- Gujarat Congress incharge Rajeev Satav not to contest Lok Sabha election
- Denied BJP ticket, sitting party MP Devji Fatepara sulks; Looming conviction in cheque return case could be reason of denial of ticket, believes local party MLA
- Contrary to rumours , I am not going to contest Lok Sabha election: Faisal Ahmed Patel
- Pakistani prisoner dies of lever illness in Bhuj