After opposed by Muslims,construction of BAPS mandir stoppedJanuary 11, 2012
Amreli, 11 January 2012
District Collector of Amreli has repordedly asked Shri Bochasanvasi Akshar Purushottam Sanstha (BAPS) not to go ahead with construction of its new mandir in Amreli district’s Damnagar.
BAPS started construction of a mandir on Chhabhadia road of Damnagar over a land which local Muslims claim is their old burial ground.
Last week, when local Muslims opposed construction of mandir, local DySP and Deputy Collector had to reach Damnagar to intervene into the matter.
On 9th of this month, the district collector called both parties to a meeting at district headquarter. The collector assured both parties that old revenue records will be thoroughly checked and proper decision will be taken then after. The Collector directed BAPS to halt construction work till then.
- Ahmedabad Flower Show 2019 of AMC opens at Sabarmati Riverfront
- Gujarat ACB nabs woman drug inspector in Jamnagar taking bribe
- Only BJP stands with Kerala and its culture: PM Modi lashes out at LDF, UDF over Sabarimala
- 19 leading industry captains, CEOs to attend Vibrant Summit – 2019
- Teaching staff of state govt universities, affiliated granted govt & private colleges to get salary as per 7th Pay panel from Jan – 2019:CM
- Gujarat Chief Minister clears 7 more TPs, including 5 for Ahmedabad