After opposed by Muslims,construction of BAPS mandir stoppedJanuary 11, 2012
Amreli, 11 January 2012
District Collector of Amreli has repordedly asked Shri Bochasanvasi Akshar Purushottam Sanstha (BAPS) not to go ahead with construction of its new mandir in Amreli district’s Damnagar.
BAPS started construction of a mandir on Chhabhadia road of Damnagar over a land which local Muslims claim is their old burial ground.
Last week, when local Muslims opposed construction of mandir, local DySP and Deputy Collector had to reach Damnagar to intervene into the matter.
On 9th of this month, the district collector called both parties to a meeting at district headquarter. The collector assured both parties that old revenue records will be thoroughly checked and proper decision will be taken then after. The Collector directed BAPS to halt construction work till then.
- Modi to meet Trump, Macron, Abe and 7 others for bilateral at G20
- Gujarat govt. announces 'CNG Sahbhaagi Yojana' with aim to add 300 new CNG pumps in two years
- India submits bid to host 2023 IOC session in Mumbai
- PM Modi's reply to the motion of thanks on the President's Address in the Lok Sabha
- Around 150 students of School in Surat rescued during fire in a nearby factory
- US-Iran situation one of difficult international issues India was dealing with, will take stand on the basis of national interest: MEA Jaishankar