After opposed by Muslims,construction of BAPS mandir stoppedJanuary 11, 2012
Amreli, 11 January 2012
District Collector of Amreli has repordedly asked Shri Bochasanvasi Akshar Purushottam Sanstha (BAPS) not to go ahead with construction of its new mandir in Amreli district’s Damnagar.
BAPS started construction of a mandir on Chhabhadia road of Damnagar over a land which local Muslims claim is their old burial ground.
Last week, when local Muslims opposed construction of mandir, local DySP and Deputy Collector had to reach Damnagar to intervene into the matter.
On 9th of this month, the district collector called both parties to a meeting at district headquarter. The collector assured both parties that old revenue records will be thoroughly checked and proper decision will be taken then after. The Collector directed BAPS to halt construction work till then.
- Government modifies operational guidelines for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna (PMFBY)
- Rajkot district panchayat member held taking Rs 2 lakh bribe
- Former President Dr Pranab Mukherjee delivers first lecture at IIM Ahmedabad as distinguished guest faculty
- Gujarat Assembly pays homage to late PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Shankersinh to work for anti-BJP coalition in Gujarat and elsewhere in upcoming Lok Sabha polls
- Withdrawal of Monsoon from Gujarat delayed Eighth time in a row