After opposed by Muslims,construction of BAPS mandir stoppedJanuary 11, 2012
Amreli, 11 January 2012
District Collector of Amreli has repordedly asked Shri Bochasanvasi Akshar Purushottam Sanstha (BAPS) not to go ahead with construction of its new mandir in Amreli district’s Damnagar.
BAPS started construction of a mandir on Chhabhadia road of Damnagar over a land which local Muslims claim is their old burial ground.
Last week, when local Muslims opposed construction of mandir, local DySP and Deputy Collector had to reach Damnagar to intervene into the matter.
On 9th of this month, the district collector called both parties to a meeting at district headquarter. The collector assured both parties that old revenue records will be thoroughly checked and proper decision will be taken then after. The Collector directed BAPS to halt construction work till then.
- Latest and perhaps last spell of monsoon in Gujarat adds around 5% to rain-average in parching North and East Central regions , state average also see 2.41% rise in last 2 days
- Foundation stone laying ceremony of six lane conversion of Sarkhej - Chiloda highway on Monday
- Ganesh Murti vandalized in Surat; five booked
- PM Modi launches Ayushman Bharat - PMJAY nationwide, CM and DyCM launches the same in Gujarat
- Rain continues in parts of Gujarat, heavy rain warning for 3 north and 1 central Gujarat districts
- A Questionable Statement Which Circumstances & Facts Demolish: Arun Jaitley's note on Rafale